At SouthWest Appraisal Specialists our accredited appraisers provide a value that is accurate and reliable. A gun appraiser should have the necessary credentials to evaluate the gun and determine a value. Buying and selling guns alone is not enough education to offer a credible appraisal, and accreditation by one of the major appraisal organizations ensures you are getting the best value for your appraisal fee.
Here are some factors considered while appraising a gun:
- The brand plays a major role in a gun’s value.
- If the gun is in its original condition with little wear and tear, it will be be more valuable.
- Embellishment and accessories such as engraving, special metal finishes, special sights, etc.
can add to a gun’s value.
- The box, paperwork, holsters, and documents are important in evaluating a gun.
- Provenance of the gun and who it belonged to may or may not add to its value.
- Rarity can add to a gun’s value
- Fear of the future can affect the value. For instance when there is fear of losing one’s right
to own a high powered weapon, the price will increase.
The original purchase and current market prices help the appraiser determine a gun’s value. The current market dictates the value of a gun. Metal prices, political situations, increased manufacturing costs, etc. may add to the value of a gun.
Southwest Appraisal Specialists is a group made up of accredited appraisers with a variety of specializations including: antique furniture, books, coins, classic cars, dolls, guns, pocket watches, antique jewelry, contemporary, designer, and art jewelry, Native American jewelry, vintage jewelry, original art, art prints, sculptures, stamps, sterling silver, and writing instruments. Each appraiser has been tested and accredited by the American Society of Appraisers (ASA) or the International Society of Appraisers (ISA), and proven to be qualified to appraise the items listed as their specialty.
If you want an educated, accredited, and experienced appraiser to value your items, please call us at (915) 584-0022 or contact us by email at email@example.com.