Finding the value of vintage or old books is a complicated process that should be left to a SouthWest Appraisal Specialist accredited appraiser. Here are some of the factors he or she will look for in doing a book appraisal:
- The condition is very important and will greatly influence value. A beat up old book that is falling apart will have little value.
- First editions are prized by book collectors and a first edition is usually more valuable than a later printing. One signed by the author will have even greater value.
- Scarcity influences value.
- For hardcover books published from the 20th century onwards, the presence of a dust jacket and its condition also greatly affect value.
- Famous titles, authors, and subject matter also play an important part in the value of the book.
Southwest Appraisal Specialists is a group made up of accredited appraisers with a variety of specializations including: antique furniture, books, coins, classic cars, dolls, guns, pocket watches, antique jewelry, contemporary, designer, and art jewelry, Native American jewelry, vintage jewelry, original art, art prints, sculptures, stamps, sterling silver, and writing instruments. Each appraiser has been tested and accredited by the American Society of Appraisers (ASA) or the International Society of Appraisers (ISA), and proven to be qualified to appraise the items listed as their specialty.
If you want an educated, accredited, and experienced appraiser to value your items, please call us at (915) 584-0022 or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.