Hiring a qualified appraiser to help you value your doll collection will ensure you get the right value. There are many things that go into determining the value of a doll and a book of doll values can give you the wrong information if you are not knowledgable about the value of dolls. Here are some things an accredited appraiser considers:
- A stamp engraved or melted on the porcelain
- The condition of the hair, face, clothes, body, joints, and shoes. Mint condition dolls usually are more valuable than dolls in poorer condition
- The style of the doll and the era it was from plays a part in its value.
- Demand dictates price so if your doll is old but there is no demand for it it would not be valuable.
- Rarity adds to the value of the doll if it is also desirable.
- The state of the market, whether it is antique or collectible, what prices they are selling for in the market, and when the market changes may affect value.
Southwest Appraisal Specialists is a group made up of accredited appraisers with a variety of specializations including: antique furniture, books, coins, classic cars, dolls, guns, pocket watches, antique jewelry, contemporary, designer, and art jewelry, Native American jewelry, vintage jewelry, original art, art prints, sculptures, stamps, sterling silver, and writing instruments. Each appraiser has been tested and accredited by the American Society of Appraisers (ASA) or the International Society of Appraisers (ISA), and proven to be qualified to appraise the items listed as their specialty.
If you want an educated, accredited, and experienced appraiser to value your items, please call us at (915) 584-0022 or contact us by email at email@example.com.